From September 7 to 28, 2021, France Design Week will echo the liveliness and diversity of design throughout France. On the strength of its success carried out under extremely specific conditions, this second edition is gaining momentum while also shining internationally. Intramuros naturally joins the team of partners of the event.
For a first edition organized in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis, September 2020 session fulfilled with merit the commitments of the International Assises of December 2019, and above all, achieved the challenge of mobilizing and federating the actors of design throughout the territory. It was high time, as the design sector needs to assert its specificity and diversity in order to develop, find funding, and further integrate strategic fields.
Coordinated by the APCI – Agency for the Promotion of Design – design promotion structures from each French region are brought together to form the organizing committee of France Design Week. These thirty design experts, representatives of their region and bringing together the design ecosystem in their territory, are active on a daily basis to highlight the interest of design and its added value. By knowing better than anyone the field in which they operate, they are in fact privileged interlocutors for France Design Week participants, in order to offer synchronized local programming.
Submit your France Design Week projects before May 24
For this second edition, design players are invited to submit their proposals by May 24 to have their projects labeled via: this form . They will be examined by the organizing committee coordinated by the APCI.
France Design Week partners
• Relations between design schools: France Design Education
• National actor: French Institute of Design
• Web: LinkedIn group “Les Designers français”
REPRESENTATIVE STRUCTURES BY REGION, UNIFYING ACTORS IN THEIR TERRITORY
• Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes: Cité du Design, Designers +, Lyon Design
• Bourgogne-Franche-Comté: ARCADE Design in the countryside
• Brittany: L’eclozr (Design Lab Bretagne)
• Center-Val de Loire: Valesens
• Corsica: Design Territories
• Grand Est: Association Innovation Design and Experience (IDeE), ACCRO
• Hauts-de-France: lille-design
• Ile-de-France: Ateliers de Paris, Paris Design Week
• Normandy: Design! R
• Nouvelle-Aquitaine: ADI Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Federation of designers in NA (FDNA)
• Occitanie: Design Occitanie
• Pays de Loire: Advanced Design, Nantes Atlantique School of Design, Samoa