The Geneva University of Art and Design (HEAD), one of the largest Swiss schools in the sector, is recruiting for a manager of the Digital Pool and educational innovation. Deadline for submitting applications: March 12.
The Geneva University of Art and Design (HEAD) welcomes more than 700 students from 40 different countries in its Bachelor and Master courses in visual arts, cinema, space design and interior architecture, visual communication, media and interaction between design, fashion design, jewelry, watches and accessories. Along with these different educational streams, the HEAD is organized around different transversal “pools”: Photography Pool, Audiovisual Pool, Materials & Prototyping Pool, Printing and Publishing Pool.
These Pools bring together the skills and techniques specific to these areas and offer cross-disciplinary courses within departments and personalized courses (specialized courses, free option, week of all possibilities, documentation courses, tutorials, etc.). They contribute to the development of partnerships and respond to internal requests from the various school services (communication, cultural development, exhibition setting, research projects, etc.).
Opening of a digital pool in September 2021
The start of the 2021 school year will see the opening of an additional Pool, dedicated to digital. It will offer a transversal teaching offer at the Bachelor and Master levels (aesthetic, technical, economic and social issues of digital technologies), support student projects and coordinate the production of digital artefacts internally (event websites, devices interactive, deep learning, programming, VR & AR, online exhibitions, etc.) and with external partners.
The missions of the head of the Digital Pool
– Supervise a team composed of around 5 people, including two technicians specializing in technical support, and an artist-designer (an assistant, subsequently recruited, will provide support).
– Ensure a watch science and technology foresight around digital issues.
– Encourage development digital skills for staff and students.
– Provide specific expertise relating to educational innovation and e-learning: identification of good practices, creation of educational scenarios, implementation of pilot projects, online exhibitions and dissemination of artistic projects, support for staff.
– Develop partnerships regional and international and actively participate in existing networks, both at the level of the HES SO and at Swiss and international level.
• HES or university training at Masters level or research-creation experience in the field of arts and digital design
• Proven experience of at least five years in the field of visual arts and / or design in connection with digital technologies
• Inventive, ambitious and dynamic personality
• Broad knowledge of digital devices related to education (e-learning in particular)
• Experience in project management and team leadership
• Relational skills to support change
• Good language skills (French and English required).
Application deadline: March 12, 2021 Starting date: as soon as possible, September 1, 2021 at the latest
To apply :
Send complete files, in electronic form, to the attention of Jean-Pierre Greff, Director, at email@example.com.
Further information: Aleksandra Antosik, tel: 022 388 58 22