The French Wood & Design competition is back for a second regional edition organized by Fibois Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, with the technical support of Fibois France. Registration is open until April 30.
Launched by Fibois Centre-Val-de-Loire last year, the French Wood & Design competition aims to highlight French wood and the know-how of regional companies, through the added value that design brings to companies in the wood industry. This concerns in particular the functional and aesthetic aspects, but also responses to societal problems, market targeting and the promotion of local species.
Terms and conditions of participation
The competition is open to designers, young graduates or companies of first and second transformation established in the region. Students can also participate on the condition that they present a model or a prototype. To register, each candidate will have to propose a project valuing the regional and French wood, realized for less than 3 years and marketable.
A first selection of projects will be made by a regional jury before a selection by the national committee which will choose the three pieces presented during the Paris Design Week next September.
Dates to remember
- April 30: deadline for submitting applications on: https://www.fibois-aura.org/2023/03/01/concours-bois-francais-design-2023/
- Early May: meeting of the regional jury to pre-select projects
- Mid-May: Paris Design Week national selection committee to choose the 3 winners of this 2nd edition
- September 7 to 17: exhibition during Paris Design Week in Paris
- September 16 and 17: exhibition during the Heritage Days
In 2022, the first edition of the competition rewarded the projects Baguette by Allan George studio, La Terrasse aux Parasols by Hop Durable and De la bûche à l’ébauche by Noûs Architectes.
located in Isère, Design : Hop Durable
of the Ain, Design : NOÛS ARCHITECTES